Saturday, June 28, 2008

Haircut

The lady who cuts my hair doesn't speak. Sure she asks what I want done with my hair but once she starts cutting she doesn't participate in the traditional haircut chit chat. She never asks what I'm doing this weekend. She doesn't seem to care what movies I've seen recently. She isn't even curious about how long I've lived in Las Vegas.

I must admit that I found it a little uncomfortable the first time I went a whole haircut without conversing. However, I'm starting to get used to it. To be honest, my hair has never looked better. It's becoming painfully obvious that my appearance has suffered in the past because my hair cut ladies were too distracted by my amazing conversation skills.

I'm still trying to do some detective work about why she doesn't participate in the traditional hair cut small talk. Perhaps where she's from the hair stylist doesn't speak until spoken too. Maybe just gets in the zone while cutting hair and all background noise just fades into oblivion. Whatever the reason, I thank her and my hair thanks her.

Joel

5 comments:

craigbergonzoni said...

Joel! This is Craig Bergonzoni. How fitting I find your blog just days before UNLV reclaims what is rightfully ours - The cannon.

Hope you read these comments! I'd love to catch up. I'm sure you're on My Space, but I avoid that site like the plague. E-mail me or check out my blog. E-mai: bergonzoni@mac.com, bergonzoni.blogspot.com

Angie Larkin said...

Ha! Joel you are as funny as I remember you. This is Angie Cecchini. I saw your comment on Craig's blog. I'd love to check in on you and get a chuckle out of your witty banter. Post again. Post again now or I swear I'll pour this raisin bran down the garbage disposal. Congrats on getting married and the whole bit. Having grown up in Reno, I still have a wee bit of secret satisfaction when the Pack beats the Rebs. Don't tell Craig.

Michelle B. said...

Hey Joel! This is Michelle Bergonzoni aka Craig's better half! I am glad to see you are doing well! Welcome to married life! Have you heard from any of our classmates recently?

pdljeune said...

Hi Joel. This is Patricia LeJeune (michelle's better half). My husband and I live in Chicago. Go Bears! (I have to like the team per my husband, but Cowboys are still my favorite). I do not have a blog yet, but I post on michelle & craigs blog. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Amanda and Joel Backlund said...

BEARS! That's not quite as bad as the Cowboys but it's still pretty bad.

How do you like the big city?